Broughton in Furness
Dating from around the eleventh century Broughton in Furness is just up the road from Foxfield and the famous Prince of Wales real ale house.
The square is the centre point with a central obelisk constructed to mark the jubilee of King George lll in 1810. The small town is an ideal
base to go on a few walks. The tourist information shop on the square sells a few easy walk leaflets to try out. The Black Cock, Manor Arms and
Old Kings Head ale houses are all worth a visit. Located in the square is the famous Beswicks restaurant.
An idea for a trip out on a Sunday is to visit Broughton by bus. You can catch a bus from Barrrow and it takes about 40 minutes. There is a bus out
at around 12.30 and one back around 16.30. The bus back stops near to the manor pub in the square. A walk around or a pub crawl around the three pubs
located near the square is a very pleasant way to spend the afternoon. Both the Black Cock and Manor Arms have seats to relax the day away when the